Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Splish Splash!

This past Saturday, Camille and I enjoyed a great indoor waterpark at a resort in East Texas. My cousin, Mallory turned 13 on April 1st and she invited us to her party. They had a sleepover with her mom, 4 friends and my sister on Friday at the resort and had also invited us to that. I think they were glad we didn't come when I told them Camille woke up at 6am on Saturday! So we headed down there with my mom Saturday morning. I just knew Camille would LOVE the water! Well, she didn't exactly love it right away. Since it was an indoor park, it was VERY loud and overwhelming to Camille at first. She held on tight to me and wouldn't even put her feet in a puddle of water. I was so sad she didn't like it. My mom didn't swim and she quickly figured that out so she held on to her for a while since she knew I was trying to get her to get in the water. My cousin Mallory came over to us and started playing peek a boo around a sign and finally got her to get a little brave. She quickly learned how much fun it was and became a dare devil from then on. The park had a lazy river, small wave pool, a great kiddy area with a huge fort and some slides (Camille wasn't big enough to ride those though), and some body and tube rides for adults. We were very impressed with how nice it was. Camille enjoyed it all and loved lying back with her vest on and floating. I can't wait for summer!