Tuesday, July 1, 2008

S-C-A-R-Y!

Camille scared me tonight! This little girl is a tough little cookie and doesn't scare me often...except for tonight! We had one of Clayton's friends over tonight for burgers and just catching up. They were outside throwing around the football while I took Camille inside for her bathtime. She had a great bubble bath (she LOVES her bubbles now). My plan was to just get her ready for bed and put her down myself because anytime we have company, it's 10 times harder getting her to go to sleep. Just as we were brushing her teeth, they came inside and she lit up when she heard daddy's voice. So, we went in the garage where the boys were and said goodnight. That wasn't good enough for her. When I tried putting her in her crib, SHE FLIPPED OUT! So, I called Clayton in there to tell her goodnight again and assure her he wasn't leaving. Clayton walks out and I follow as Camille is NOT happy! Side note: she cries every night when we put her to bed for literally 2 minutes...maybe 5 when we have company.

So...from the time I put her in her crib, turn around to leave the room, begin shutting the door and turn around to take one last peek....SHE'S NOT IN THE CRIB! In that amount of time, she managed to fall out of her crib and land flat on her back! I yelled for Clayton and he came running back in to see what happened. She was still histerical as I sat down holding her and asking myself...did this really just happen? After she calmed down, I layed her back into her crib and patted her back until she fell asleep. I have never seen her attempt to get out of her crib. I don't know if it was because she was so mad that she was jumping/stomping and fell over or if she really did climb up the side. Will she be terrified to try that again or will this become a new trick? Is it time to get a big girl bed? I'm so scared of this happening again!

5 comments:

annalee

i am so glad she was okay! i can only imagine how scary that was.

dw hicks

Poor Camille!!! I'm glad she's okay. Maybe she won't do that ever again!

Leah J.

This would scare me to death! What a tough girl though! AND a cutie :)

Martha

Wow! I know as a mama that when things like that happen, it is SO hard. As for your sweet girl, I imagine that falling out will be engrained in her mind maybe more so than it is in yours. I don't think she will do it again. However, I might ask her doc about transitioning her to a big girl crib bed or twin with rails, of course. Honestly, you are the one that knows just what she needs. she has a strong spirit and she is fine and you are a GREAT mama. This is one of many things that will shock you, I imagine. I know I continue to be amazed by mine. I think she is super smart and just wants to be with her parents at the party :)
Love you! M

Anonymous

Poor baby! Martha gave some good advice. :) Momma knows best!