Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Am I old enough...




to have babysat someone that is now married? When Ashton was in 2nd grade, I had the privilege of taking her to and picking her up from school and watching her until her mom got home. Because of this, I was able to get my hardship drivers lisence a few months earlier than my 16th birthday! Ashton and I had lots of fun together in the afternoons and I enjoyed always helping her with her piano practice!


Ashton is now a wife to Todd and they had a beautiful wedding. Her wedding and reception was at our church, where Clayton and I married 5 years ago. I always enjoy going back to my home church, but being there for a wedding brings back many memories of my day as well. Ashton and Todd have been dating for MANY years so they have awaited this day for a LONG time. I think they have been dating since before Clayton and I began dating, almost 7 years ago. Camille was a little grumpy during the wedding/reception due to no nap (but we won't call names to those responsible) so I didn't get any smiling pictures of her. Camille REALLY enjoyed stuff the entire strawberries in her mouth! I had to pull several out to get the green leaves off in time. And now her dress has some red polka dots along with her black polka dots. Thank goodness for stain removers!

2 comments:

Denise

I know how hard it is for you to believe that she is married. I remember when YOU got married and Mike and I remembered that 5 year old in our Kindergarten Bible class that LOVED Mr. Mike. How time FLIES by! You were a blessing in my baby girl's life and we are so glad that you and your family were there to celebrate this new phase of her life. Much love to you! And Camille was as cute as could be!
Hugs...Denise

Leah J.

I felt like that the other day ... at the gym a girl came up to me and asked if I was Leah. Sure enough, she had been a camper on my hall my first year as a counselor. She was a HS Senior. So crazy how time flies!!