Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's too girly!

My mom has offered again to make our bedding for baby Eli! Choosing the fabric has not come as easily as it did with Camille. With Camille, we had to shop at a few different fabric stores before finding the perfect store with the perfect fabrics...pretty easy! With Eli, we have gone to First Monday twice, the "perfect" store we found Camille's bedding, other fabric/boutique shops and MANY websites looking for his fabric. A few weeks ago, we found a great combination and were ready to place an order online...until Eli's daddy came home! "It's too girly!" were his exact words. I'm afraid I will hear these words more times than I want in the future. Although it was blue, green and brown, the polka dots just didn't work with Clayton. After I begged and begged, nothing worked. We started back at square one. Then, we found another print that I fell in love with but it cost 3 times as much as everything we had looked at! On Monday, Camille and I were running around to a few more stores when I found a bedding set already made up with huge brown and white polka dots. We then went home and I searched for some fabric that was similar online. I found this polka dot and stripe pattern online and after looking over her website in detail...the lady was from Keller! I was able to go by the next day and pick it up! So here is the beginning of Eli's room...chocolate brown and white polka dots and stripes with blue accent colors. I'm so excited to get his room together and see what a wonderful job my mom does! She's awesome...and I definitely didn't get that gene.

0 comments: