Saturday, July 18, 2009

Swim Lessons

Camille and I took a Parent and Tot swim lesson class this summer. I really thought she was ready to take lessons on her own but with this rec center, she had to be 3 in order to go off on her own. I envisioned this class being mostly little babies and mommies learning to put their feet in the water. I was very suprised when Camille came away from it and had learned some new swimming skills.
She got very good at going under water on her own to get diving sticks and rings! By the end of the 2 weeks, she would put her entire face under instead of tilting her head sideways and trying to stretch her arm as far as she could without getting her eyes in the water!
She was very brave when it came to jumping in! She could crawl out of the pool on her own, count to 3, then jump in with a bubble! At first she would jump on top of me, but by the end, she would jump all the way in and under by herself and then I would bring her up. We had a blast getting up and going swimming together every morning for 2 weeks! I look forward to watching her take off on her own next summer!

0 comments: