In December, Heather and I earned a badge of bravery for deciding to take our three children all the way to Albuqurque! We took a 3 year old, 1 year old and newborn through airport security, onto the airplane, sat next to strangers, battled wiggles on the plane and carried diaper bags, backpacks of goodies, and a carseat AND still made it to our destination...the Hicks' home!
Horton was a lifesaver for Camille! She loved every bit of the plane, got to sit next to the window and never once mentioned her ears! For Eli, my only plan was to nurse him while taking off and landing to help avoid any discomfort for him. On our departure flight, I sat next to a man while trying to be as modest as possible in the tiny little airplane seat and nurse Eli next to him..a bit uncomfortable! On our flight back to DFW, the seat next to us was empty! It was great...still no tears of discomfort!
We were so sad in August when our good friends moved back to their home in Albuqurque, NM! We just couldn't stand it anymore and had to go out and visit that sweet family! Mylie was one of Camille's very first friends! I wondered how they would react when they saw each other again and it was so sweet! They ran to each other in the airport and gave the biggest hugs!
Whitney was an absolute wonderful hostess! She had our rooms all planned out to wear Eli and Maci each had their own crib, had borrowed an extra car so we could actually go places while were here, she made a delicious breakfast on Friday, supplied us with diapers and wipes so we didn't have to pack them, got an extra little heater for our room because it was a bit chilly the first night and had made great plans for us! We couldn't have asked anymore of her! She was great!!
Now, I didn't document this trip as well as I had wished, and looking back I know why! We had our hands full! I wish I had taken more pictures of the flight, but I didn't have an extra hand to take a picture with! I also wish I had taken a picture of us all packed in our CARS when we had to go somewhere. It literally took a good 10 minutes to get all the kids bundled and buckled up in the cars!
One day we spent 4 hours at a children's science museum that the girls loved! I think the girls favorite part was the huge bowl of bubbles with huge bubble wands to play in!
Eli slept the entire trip to the museum!
Our last night in Albuqurque, we went out to dinner to have realy authentic New Mexican food! It was delicious! It was very cold the entire trip, but we still bundled the kids up and walked down from the restaraunt to see a huge Christmas tree that had been lit the night before.




















1 comments:
I can't believe I'm just now checking your blog! We had so much fun and can't thank you enough for coming to visit us! We miss you guys so much! Love you!
Post a Comment