Thursday, December 27, 2007

A little behind

I am so far behind in blogging that I've been a little overwhelmed to even begin it. I would much rather read everyone elses blogs instead of mess with my own. But...

We've had a fabulous month celebrating Christmas with friends and most importantly, family.

Our church invited Santa to come have breakfast with all the kids. I really thought Camille would like Santa. She's never been scared of anyone/anything before. Santa drove up on a firetruck and all the kids waited for him at the front door. It was SO cute! Camille was so excited and clapped as he came in. We waited in line to see him and as soon as I sat her in his lap...she melted! I was wrong! She was terrified. I tried to get away quickly so we could get some kind of picture and then I felt guilty for torturing her like that. They also had a bounce house and several fun Christmas crafts! She loved playing on the firetruck, also. It was a fun day!

Since we weren't going to be home on Christmas Day, Santa came to visit us on Friday night. He brought Camille a wagon and some Leap Frog fridge letters. She LOVES her wagon and being pulled around the house in it! The first picture is the night before Santa...and pointing to her belly. Then, you see the early morning eyes in the wagon.

On Saturday before Christmas, my family came to our house to celebrate with us before we left for Austin. We enjoyed LOTS of mexican food, sweets, Mad Gab and gifts. Camille got a slide from Nana and Grandad that is currently inside our office in order for her to play with. One of my favorites from my parents was our New Home ornament. One of our biggest Christmas traditions is that we always receive ornaments each year. When I got married I had enough ornaments to fill our entire tree. They are very special to me and mom is great at finding perfect ornaments for us!
Sunday morning we headed to Austin to spend time with Clayton's family. Camille has 4 first cousins under the age of 3. They all had a blast playing together! It was so much fun to watch them interact with each other. I hate that Camille doesn't see her cousins more often. They all call her "Mille". I bought all the cousins matching Christmas PJ's this year and they were all so cute in them! We enjoyed cooking, eating, watching tv, watching kiddos play together, SHOPPING, and even going out to the movies to see National Treasurer. It was a great time spent with family! Delana has definitely gotten me excited about shopping the day after Christmas and Thanksgiving since my first Christmas with their family. The two of us enjoyed 3 different Targets, Dillards, and Macy's. We each found great finds and really enjoyed the adventure!

We have been richly blessed this year and are very thankful for all of our friends and family that have been a part of our lives this year! Camille has brought great joy to our lives and we have been so thankful for her good health and how much she has grown. She is learning new things every day and it amazes me how much she is already learning. We hope everyone has a Happy New Year. Camille will be enjoying time with her Nana and Grandad while Clayton and I get a night to ourselves. Enjoy and be safe!

5 comments:

Leah

She is growing up so fast! What a cutie. I never liked Santa much when I was her age. Glad you guys had a great Xmas. I am sure it was fun being able to decorate "your" home. Happy New Year!

Kristen

Ok, we need to get together now that I have afternoons free! :)
I am glad your Christmas was great! :) Camille is getting soooo big!

Pearson Family

We missed you guys during your travels! I do have one picture of Emaline and Camille today...I will send it your way!

amerriman

Christmas is kids is the best! Thanks for going to the Meet and Greet!

amerriman

Sorry, Christmas WITH kids is the best. Having a hard time on the laptop! Enjoy the rest of your break.