I have been caught in a whirlwind it seems lately. The last 2 weeks have been very exhausting as I have gone back to school/work. I have neglected to update my job situation on my blog...so here's where I am these days. Last I had mentioned, I had been moved from my original school last year to a brand new school in our district...still teaching part-time kindergarten. Just before Memorial Day I got a call that their numbers weren't as high as expected and that they were cutting my section of kindergarten...again! That was a stressful day for me and the next Tuesday I was offered another part-time kindergarten job at another school just around the corner from home and my original school. Thank You, Lord! I was excited but aprehensive that I would actually stay there. I was waiting until later in the summer to move ALL my things over just in case something else changed. Well, it did. I got a call from my new principal late July saying that their numbers were high and I had an opportunity to go full-time or share my room with another teacher. I first opted to share...part-time was just too good. But then, I (and Clayton) began talking about the idea of going back full-time. Since Camille had begun taking 1 nap in the afternoon between 2 and 3 hours, she would be sleeping the majority of the time we were together in the afternoons. We decided together to make the change. I called my principal back and told her I would work full-time. We grew even more and hired another K teacher on the 3rd day of school. And...my original school has 25 students in each class right now and are hoping to get another teacher. That was my biggest fear - moving away from a place I loved and eventually being replaced because numbers went back up. I am confident I am where the Lord wants me and that there is a reason for my move...once again. I have 42 students between both classes and they are all wonderful! It has been a much greater adjustment this week to working a full day. I come home exhausted, wanting to spend time with Camille and Clayton and needing to cook dinner. I did not cook dinner this week, enjoyed a NICE bubble bath and missed my baby girl so much! She cried the first 4 days of Staff Development but is now back to loving being at Nenna's! I have never looked forward to the weekend as I did this week. Labor Day fell perfectly. We enjoyed family time, relaxation and rest. The three of us went to NRH2O today and had a blast! Pictures to come soon....promise!

3 comments:
Wow, what a change. you are a great teacher! :) Goodluck with the new school and new students. Which school are you at?? Have a great week!
I hope the first few weeks of school have been a blessing to you. I am sure that you have been a great blessing to your children and their families. I love you new blog look!
I was thinking about you when we went to Ensenada. Do you remember that trip?
Post a Comment