Monday, April 13, 2009

We like the Easter Bunny!

Camille made a huge switch this year to being terrified of the Easter Bunny, to constantly talking about and wanting to sit in his/her lap. Really, is it a boy or a girl? This all began when Clayton, Camille and I took a trip to the mall. As we passed by the Easter bunny, we mentioned that he was there and Camille wanted to go over. There was only one other family in line so we decided to take a chance, thinking she would get terrified as soon as we got close enough. We were wrong! She walked right up, gave him a hug and sat in his lap. Since I was not expecting this at all, I didn't have my camera out and ready for a pic. I was just so shocked! She has always been afraid of anything dressed up...Santa, EB, mascots, etc.
She saw the EB again at our Easter Eggstravaganza at church. (This EB was a she!) She must have gone up and sat in her lap 10 times. Anytime there wasn't a line, she was up there. This is our first picture of her smiling! I hope this sticks until December.
She enjoyed decorating an Easter cookie, but didn't care to eat it. She ate the candy she put on top of it and I enjoyed the rest!Her and her sweet friend, Mylie! They kept raiding the treasure chest of candy while Mrs. Karen wasn't looking.There was also a "real" Easter bunny there to pet. Camille loved it! Too bad you can't actually see the bunny very well because of all the little hands in the way!We went to my parent's house for Easter this year. Good morning, Easter bunny!
This year, our theme color was...yellow! Although Clayton opted out of the solid yellow shirt, he does have yellow in his shirt.She enjoyed hunting for eggs all by herself this year. The advantage to that is she can shake each egg and sometimes open it to check what is inside without missing out on all the other eggs. There is a lot of space for eggs to hide at Nana and Grandad's house!

0 comments: