Thursday, May 20, 2010

Smiling, Riding, and too much Growing!

I love this smile!  He is full of them everyday!  I don't think this kid could get any happier!
Eli enjoys watching tv and I love how he rests his hands on the legs.
Camille had her last playdate with her friend, Analy, next door.  We were so sad to see them move!  When they get together, the first order of business is to always dress up!
Clayton has been working hard to raise money and train for the MS 150 bike ride.  This was a first for Clayton, and I was so proud of him.  The ride was split into 2 days.  The first day they rode 87 miles.  The kids and I woke up early, drove him to Frisco and sent him on his way at 7:30am.  I attempted to follow them as they started off to get a good "in action" picture, but I got too scared of running over a rider or getting in trouble by a police officer.  Clayton would call me periodically throughout the day at a few of the rest stops to let me know how it was going.  He called me at the last rest stop so I was able to load up the kids and get to Texas Motor Speedway with about 20 minutes to spare before he crossed the finish line.  It was so exciting to be there yelling, cheering, and waving our hands as he came across!   I went down to talk to him and he didn't even hear or see us as he was going across because he was so in the ZONE!  I was so proud of him!
He quickly found his way to a huge plate of bbq and a chair!  Then, we headed home, washed his clothes, he bathed and soon started feeling it in his knee!  The next day he got up early again and set out to ride the final day.  Although, he didn't make it long.  His knee was hurting way too badly and he knew he couldn't go on.  He was dissapointed he didn't get to finish, but I am still SO PROUD OF HIM!  Now, he's talking about buying his own bike...look what we've started!

Eli graduated from the baby bathtub and they are both so excited to have a playmate in the bathtub!
My big 8 month old!

0 comments: