Saturday, April 14, 2007

Whew, It's been a while!


I guess having a baby and working full time can catch up with you sooner or later. I can' believe I have been such a bad blogger lately! We have lots to catch up on! Since my last post, we have had many adventures to share with you all.


Clayton and I went on our first date post baby Camille. It was Clayton's idea and he kept it all a surprise to me until we got to the restaraunt. Clayton likes the thought of surprises, but he has a hard time keeping them. As soon as he had the restaraunt figured out, he wanted to tell me so bad. I love surprises so I wouldn't let him. Since my parents are just a little over an hour away from us, they gladly came to babysit. Clayton took me to an Italian restaraunt downtown Fort Worth called Taverna. It was amazing and we spent more on this one meal than any ever before. It was so fun dressing up and going out just the two of us again, but weird at the same time to not have Camille, and the diaper bag, and the carrier, and, and, and.


We spent our cold, sleeting Easter in Austin with Clayton's family. This was my first Easter away from my family and my first Easter not to get an Easter basket. I guess when you have kids, you really do have to grow up! Camille had a great time in Austin with her cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents! Her cousin Asia loved holding her all weekend! The Easter bunny brought her lots of goodies including the new Baby Einstein DVD - Baby Signs. I love the idea of baby's signing and it's amazing to see how early they start. Aunt Lisa took some family pictures of us in our Easter outfits, so we look forward to seeing those soon!


Camille is now ready for her 6 month pictures because she is sitting up! Paige, here we come! She is still a little wobbly (sp?), but she is doing great at it. We are having trouble during nap time now. Previously, we have just been able to lay her down in her crib at naptime and she would go to sleep after a little fussing. Now, she screams everytime we put her in her crib no matter how tired she is. She won't let you rock her, and she won't take a passy. After going back and forth, I usually have to nurse her to put her to sleep. I hate having to do that because I know she is just soothing herself. Any advice from anyone?


Clayton and I are house hunting right now. We pretty much have out minds set on a house, but are still looking around to really make sure. It's a pretty big decision to make so we're trying to make all the right choices. We hope to move sometime in early June. Clayton has decided to stay where he has been this past year for his internship. It's a good relief to know where he will be. For me, I am still looking for part time teaching positions and praying daily that the Lord will provide. I definitely do not want to go back to work full time.

11 comments:

Pearson Family

I am so excited to photography that pretty girl!

Kristen

Lots of fun things you are doing right now! Your baby girl is so cute! :)

Natalie

Hey Felicia-I love the Easter picture of Camille! What a cutie! We did sign language with Addie and it is amazing what she learned and what she still signs even though she speaks a lot know!

No advice on sleep issues-that was/still is our biggest problem and I nursed Addie to sleep (and in the middle of the night) until she was about a year because it was the easiest solution!

Good luck with the house hunt. . .where are you looking?

Amy C

Love the easter pictures. She is so cute in that little green dress!

Isn't that dating without baby gear thing so bizarro! I still do that whenever I go anywhere without a ton of junk to lug. Congrats on the evening out!

As for sleeping my only idea would be to put her down before she gets too tired. This may not be her issue, but I found that overtired babies/children cannot sleep well if at all through the night past a certain point of exhaustion.

Sounds crazy, but she may need longer naps during the day. It worked like a charm with my kids and every child I have ever kept. Their parents always ask what I do to wear them out so they sleep at night. Play hard, nap hard!

campers

Love the pics!Thanks for the update! Househunting is so fun... Hope y'all find something...where is the one y'all are interested in???

annalee

camilled looks adorable! thanks for the life update. love you guys!

Kristen

We live in Mcpherson Ranch on a Culda Sac on Claymore Lane. We have only lived here about 9 months.
That will be sooo fun! :)
We will have to do stuff together!!
So funny!!! :)

Anonymous

Camille looks so adorable in that easter dress & bow!! Love it!

Anonymous

oh wow....looking at that picture of Camille really made me miss her and you too! Well I don't know what I am doing next fall but I am glad to hear that some people don't want me to go to Europe, but it the same sense it might be a once in a life time kind of thing! We'll see and I'll keep you updated! WEll feel free to come to Abilene some random day because you better believe I will drop everything to hang out with you! I miss you guys so much!! I love you!!

Allison

I love her dresses and her bows!!! I can't wait to play "dress up" with Harper. Camille gets cuter by the day. I love seeing her sweet pictures!

lisajo

What sweet girls! Good luck with the job and house hunting!