I have been counting down these days for so long and I only have 2 more days at the daycare. I can't wait to be able to spend ALL day long with Camille! We are going to have so much fun playing, learning and soaking it all up everyday. I have a funny and sweet story to share about one of my kiddos. I will definitely miss my kids as I do every year. It's the atmosphere that I won't miss. So anyway, I have been cleaning up my room and taking things down slowly to get ready to leave. During naptime today, I took the candles off the birthday cupcakes to clean off their names and birthdates. After naptime, we were all talking about the different things that were missisng around the room and why I was taking it all down. Their new teacher will be the Jr. Pre-K teacher so they are already familiar with her. I was explaining all of this to them when I noticed the sweetest little boy in my class in tears. I tried asking him what was wrong and he tried explaining it to me, but I couldn't understand him. I brought him up in my lap to try to figure it out and after repeating himself several times, I finally understood him. With a broken heart, he said "Now I won't be able to remember my birthday!" How sweet! I tried to assure him that his new teacher would have a birthday chart to help him remember his birthday and things seemed to be ok after that. Funny thing is, he already knows his birthday by heart. Transitions are tough on little ones and I hope this transition will be smooth for my kiddos. The new teacher has a different style than me and any teacher will surely back me up that we all worry about their next teachers loving them as dearly as we do.
Today at school, we also had a fun suprise! During playground time, I had some kids run up to me and shout, "We found a turtle!" As I walk over with them, I'm imagining a tiny turtle you can buy in the mall. They lead me to the sand box and point underneath the play area. The turtle was HUGE! It was as big around as a dinner plate. That's pretty big for a turtle on the school playground. It had burried itself up under there and there's no telling how long he had been there. I love turtles, but I kind of flipped out when I saw how big he was. I called 2 other teachers from the toddler playground over and they rescued him. The kids LOVED it! We couldn't keep him at school because they carry so many diseases, so one of the teachers took him home to keep another turtle company. The kids wanted to name him so we came up with a girl name and a boy name...Tommy and Lacy. Pretty cute for a turtle!
7 comments:
isn't it funny the names they pick? So random! I am so glad you are finishing up and are going to get to enjoy Camille EVERYday! And your new house! I will for sure have to come visit!
So happy for you. Love the turtle surprise. Those are the best kinds of surprises!
Such sweet stories! When I taught Kinder everyday Matt would come home and say, "Tell me a story about today at school." Everyday there was something to share. I do miss it!
I am so excited about your job next year. How great that it's part time!!! Tell Clayton CONGRATS on his graduation. What an accomplishment!!!
Hey! Congrats on the new job! That is awesome. :) I will see you this summer at the pool. I layout there often. :) Love the stories...I have so many of those stories!! :)
What school are you working at?
Is in Woodland Springs or a NWISD school?
See you around this summer! :)
just thought i would say hi. i have been wanting to check out your blog for a while now and even googled your name once to try to find out what it was but had no luck so clayton just told adrian what it was. mine is nowandthenphotography.blogspot.com and is mainly photo stuff though. did you ever get your pic that i made for yall?
lisa woods
I am so jealous that your summer has started! We aren't finished until stinkin' June 8th. TORTURE!! We started late (the week before labor day) so now we have to pay :(
I love seeing your thoughts and your sweet family! I think Camille is beautiful and you look so happy! Love you, Flea!
Martha
Post a Comment