Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's been so long, I know!

Our family has been extremely busy with our new home lately, that I haven't kept up with blogging. We are slowing getting settled into our house and there will definitely be pictures when I get everything where I like it. I have never done a list, but in order to catch you up on all my bloggable stories, I must make a list. I don't know exactly where my camera cord is to download pictures so they will come later, but I definitely have plenty to share! Here are our adventures of the last three weeks:

  • On Memorial Day, my parents treated us by taking us to see BodyWorlds. It is the museum of real bodies of different types of people. It was amazing! The most amazing part to me was the babies. They had a pregnant woman and her baby. They also had several babies in the womb at different periods of the pregnancy. God so definitely miraculous!
  • Clayton had a birthday and turned 27 years old! I can't believe how close to 30 we both are!
  • On the same day, we closed on our very first home!
  • My wonderful dad and his helper came to our house and painted different rooms for us. It is all so gorgeous! Our living room is green. Camille's room is pink. Brown polka dots are being painted around the top right now. Our study room is blue. Our master bedroom is brown with one wall red.
  • So, the first morning my dad was coming, I had to make ONE more trip to Wal-Mart to pick-up the pink paint. I had loaded down the car full of things to bring to the house. When I opened the back door to get Camille out, I could smell paint. I was so nervous to open the trunk and sure enough when I did I found pink paint EVERYWHERE! I just froze and didn't even know where to begin. Camille was so hungry and already fussy. I had no choice but to put her in the house and get busy cleaning out the car. It was all over her Pack N Play, on frames and a mirror, on the jumper cables and ALL over the bottom of my trunk. There is now small drops of pink paint from the garage to the grass where I unloaded everything. But don't worry, I did take time to get a picture once I got things under control. There is still a stain in my trunk and on her cover of her Pack N Play, but nothing was completely ruined. Thank You!
  • Last Monday my cousin Jana found out she had leukemia.
  • I attended my Orientation for my job in the fall. I can't tell you how excited I am to be teaching kindergarten part-time next year. I can't wait to get started!
  • On Thursday morning Jana passed away. She was 32 years old and a single mom of two. Everything happened so quickly. She was an art teacher and was important to many people. She was known for her funny humor! Her visitation and funeral were packed. Please say prayers for her family and especially her kiddos Cole and Zoe.
  • Camille is cutting her third tooth! It's the first one on top.
  • My friend Shelby got married on Saturday to Brandon. Their wedding was beautiful and especially Shelby. Brandon was so sweet and boo-hooood! Their reception was outside at her house so it was pretty warm. They had a photo booth...how fun!
  • Our friends from church came over Sunday night to help us move our big furniture. While the guys did the hard work, the girls watched the kiddos and got me started on Camille's polka dots.
  • I found out that one of my college roommates that I had lost touch with has jumped into the blogging world. What joy to know how she is doing again. It is always uplifting to hear thoughts from Martha.

I know I probably missed something pretty important, but that's what I get for getting so far behind. Pictures coming soon!

6 comments:

Martha

I can't believe that I made your list. I am flattered! I am so sorry about cousin. I will be praying for the children. I will email you soon so we can catch up! I will send my number so we can talk voice to voice. Love you!

Anonymous

I'm so sorry about your cousin... we will pray for your family!

My sister and parents were at Shelby's wedding and heard how picturesque everything was... what fun!

And oh my about the paint!! WOW - I bet you had a panic attack when you saw everything covered in pink!!

annalee

wow, you had a lot of updates. thanks for taking the time to write them all. i am so so sorry about jana. i will be praying.
i'm excited for your new home and new job, what an exciting time!
we saw a body worlds exhibit last summer and it was amazing. i'm so glad y'all got to see it.

Kristen

Hey! I will have to come see your house!!! I am sure it is beautiful...just the same. So sorry to hear about your cousin. I will be praying for her little ones.
I am so sorry about the paint, I can't even imagine.
Let's get together. I don't remember where you live.
YAY for your new job~ I used to teach kinder and loved it. You will love Keller ISD. :)

Now and Then Photography

I hope you read these, I need your email address as well. So we made a picture for you guys and our mother in law said she would see that you guys got it. I guess you guys havn't gotten it yet? Well I will keep on her or I will go get it and send it to you. Congrats on your new house we can't wait to see it. We love yall and hope to come visit you guys soon.
Lisa

lisajo

so glad to hear an update! Andy and I also have a new house that we should close on at the end of the month. i will keep in mind your paint story when i go to buy paint for our house. at least you will always have a "moving" memory in the trunk of your car!