Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Surprise!


I had a awesome birthday weekend! Clayton had a TASP conference in Austin Friday and Saturday so we both took Friday off from work and went to Austin Thursday night. Friday morning Delana, Lisa and I took all 5 of our kids to a pumpkin patch for pictures! We ALL fit in Delana's Sequoia. It took us atleast 30 minutes to load up the first time and to figure out which 3 carseats would fit together in the back seat. I'm sure people were laughing when we had to pull out an upright carseat everytime we had to get kids in or out. Lisa got some great pictures! Check out her website: Now and Then Photography

Saturday Delana invited us to the Hairy Man Festival. I kind of thought it was a joke at first. But, it really does exist and they actually have a contest (we didn't take part in that though). The kids enjoyed a pony ride, train ride and petting some llamas.



Clayton has a hard time keeping secrets, so I knew something sneaky was going on behind my back. He had planned a surprise birthday party in downtown Austin at Spaghetti Warehouse Saturday night. All his family was there and one of my sweet friends, Annalee and her husband, Evan. It was a pretty crazy dinner with 5 kids all at the table. I hope we didn't terrify Evan and Annalee! I hate that we didn't get any pictures of this! I was trying to dig for my camera as Camille was trying to wiggle out of my arms an hour past her bedtime. It just wasn't happening! It was a fun birthday dinner!

Camille really enjoyed playing with her cousins and actually being able to attempt to keep up with them. She had plenty of room at Bubbie and Pa's house to practice those walking skills. She is going all over the place! Being in Austin with all the kids makes me jealous we aren't closer to them.




Then, Monday was actually my birthday! Monday night I always go to a girl's bible study. Well, when I arrived last night, there wasn't a bible study, but another surprise! Heather had invited lots of friends over, planned games, had a cookie cake and even bought presents! She's the best hostess! It was so fun to get together with all those girls and wrap up like mummies! I will post pictures when Heather emails them to me.


Even though I'm creeping up on 30, it was a pretty fabulous birthday! Thanks to all my friends!

6 comments:

Pearson Family

I am glad you had a great birthday!

Anonymous

awww I wish I could have seen you on your birthday!! but it just means you have another present to open in a few days!! yay!

And I just looked through all of Lisa'a photos on her website and I just loved them! Camille is gorgeous in that pumpkin picture!

Anyway...I'm ready for y'all to get to Abilene!! love you and see you soon!!

campers

so glad your bday weekend was good! can't wait to see ya this weekend

delana

We had such a great time spending time with you guys! I would love to see the picture Lisa took with all the kids in the car.

annalee

you most definitely did NOT terrify us. we like a good dose of munchkins!
and it was wonderful to be with you birthday girl. can't wait to see you some more this weekend!

Lori

The pictures that Lisa took are so cute. Lisa is so good. I think we are going to get her to take our (whole) family pictures soon. I go look at her blog all the time just to see her pics and I see all the cousins pics on there alot. They are so cute. Anyway, I add you guys to my blog so I can keep up with you. It is good to find you. Tell Clayton hi.