Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Naptime Breakthrough!

Camille's usual naptime routine is for me to put her in her crib with her snuggly and she would scream for atleast 10 minutes (sometime 30-45) at the top of her lungs while standing up before falling asleep. I couldn't figure out why this was such a battle and at bed time, she VERY willingly would lie down quietly and fall asleep. We have a great routine at bed time so I thought maybe we needed more of a routine for naptime. All I have begun doing is sitting down and reading this same Good Morning, Good Night book before putting her in her bed. We've had a HUGE breakthrough and is it was SO simple! Why didn't someone tell me this simple trick earlier? She now lies down so calmly and allows me to cover her up and she stays quiet as I walk out the door. All because we just go in and sit down to read a book before going to bed. I hope this lasts!
Camille is learning new things everyday and is SO fun right now! She LOVES rocking, patting, kissing, feeding and even talking to her babies. I caught her the other day with one of her babies up on her hip and she was looking her in the eyes just talking away to her in her own language. It was adorable! She also loves books, balls, her slide, dancing to music, outside, doing front rolls (with help) and playing hide-and-go-seek. She is signing more, drink, please and thank-you. Her vocabulary consists of Daddy (her favorite), Mama (my favorite), ball, bye-bye, baby, doggie, hi, car, and her newest - Nana! She loves watching people pray and making sure their eyes are closed. It's so interesting how still she will sit in my lap at night when we are saying our bedtime prayers. She is NOT a still child right now and somehow she knows that is a still moment. I love her so much and love each day with her! She makes me smile!

7 comments:

annalee

hallelujah! your sweet girl is so much fun.

campers

I'll be sure and put that on my lists of notes...routine at naptime!!!

Allison

Don't you just live and learn with your first??? She is such a doll! I love checkin in and seeing pictures!

Margaret K

Sweet Camille! I miss seeing her on Wednesday nights. I am glad she is taking her nap better. It's so hard when they can't tell us exactly what they want!

Martha

I hope it lasts too. I bet it will. It amazes me how much children like routine. My children LOVE routine. Blessings on a new peaceful naptime! M

Leah

I will mark that down in my mommy book of tricks! Funny story...Someone from church brought by some food while I am on bedrest. She said don't worry about returning the plate-It isn't mine. Michael and I flipped it over and saw "F.Woods." So in case you are looking for your green and blue plastic plate-it has been making the rounds at Highland. :)

Sally

What a cutie!! I'm glad you figured out a trick, I'll have to remember that one!
-the pic you asked me about on my blog was created using a program on my MacBook called photobooth -i love it!