Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Eli Lewis Woods




Eli Lewis Woods was born on September 8, 2009 at 1:56pm. He weighed 9lbs 14oz and was 20.5 inches long. The labor was very quick and smooth, but shortly after the nurses became concerned about his color and breathing. They first wanted to keep him in the general nursery for an hour and that turned into the NICU for 48 hours. They started him on antibiotics, oxygen, a feeding tube and many other wires. In less than 24 hours, he was taken off oxygen, the tube was taken out and he began nursing. He is expected to be released from NICU within 48 hours of birth and go home the next day. Clayton and I will be staying an extra night so that he will get to room in with us one night before going home. Thank you to all who have prayed for our little man! He is improving every time we see him.

7 comments:

dw hicks

So so cute and so precious! I wish I could come see him! Hope Camille has fun at Wee School tomorrow. Wish Mylie could be there with her!

Kyle and Kerrie

I'm so glad to hear Eli is doing so well! Hope you all get to go home soon!

annalee

sweet boy! i love his chubby cheeks and handsome face already. so glad he is doing well. love you all!

amerriman

Praying for your family! We are glad he is improving!

Charis

So sorry to hear that Eli was in the NICU! Hopefully he's doing well at home now. Glad he's here though! I saw your pics on Lisa's blog - you were so cute in your final weeks of pregnancy :)

Jess

i am so glad he is ok! congrats!

Kathi P

he is a cutie! congrats!