Monday, July 23, 2007

4 Years

Clayton and I celebrated our fourth anniversary last Thursday, July19. It was wonderful. It began with Clayton sneaking out of bed very early to run to the store and then cook eggs, sausage and biscuits for breakfast. It was delicious and that is definitely a treat for me! My mom and cousin Mallory came in that evening to babysit and Clayton and I went to dinner at The Rainforest Cafe. It was so good and we definitely stuffed ourselves! We enjoyed a VOLCANO for dessert...yummy! We then walked it off by walking around Grapevine Mills Mall shopping. I had to try really hard to stay away from looking at baby stuff. I really wanted the night to be all about Clayton and I and it was so hard not to think of sweet baby Camille at home. After feeling a little better, we went to the Historical District of Grapevine and walked some more. We found a bench and sat and talked for a long time. It was so much fun just to be alone again. We easily forget how important time alone is now with Camille. We love her dearly, but dates are so needed. This was only the second time we have gone out without her. We need to get better at that. Here are some of the many things we have been blessed with our first four years of marriage:
  • our first car
  • made lots of new couple friends
  • Clayton survived graduate school and recieved his Masters degree
  • Clayton has a job that he loves
  • I have had 4 teaching jobs with all of our moves
  • We have been a part of 3 wonderful church families
  • our first child - Sweet Camille Rae
  • our first home
  • lots and lots more

As I began making that list I realize there have been way more blessings I could ever add to my blog. God is great! Enjoy the pictures of our first four anniversaries!

This was our first anniversary! We stayed the weekend in a cabin on Lake Palestine. This night we enjoyed dinner in the cabin and our delicious anniversary cake. It wasn't that bad!

This was our 2 year anniversary. We were living in Abilene and came to Fort Worth to the Science Museums and the Omni Theater.

This isn't actually a picture from our anniversary, but it's close. We had just moved to North Richland Hills and went out to eat at Pappadaux's. The picture is from a family vacation in Galveston just before our anniversary.


Here we are at The Rainforest Cafe with our iguana friend watching over us. It was a great evening!

7 comments:

Kristen

How cute are you guys! :)
I will find next week if I am pregnant! YAY! Yes, let's go to the pool on Wed. Call me when you go or email me the time.
It should be fun!

Natalie

Happy Anniversary!

Pearson Family

Happy Anniversary! We sur have missed you!

Leah J.

Happy Anniversary ... I thought of you guys on Thursday! I love sharing an anniversary date! :)

annalee

happy anniversary! what a wonderful thing to have such a loving husband and 4 years of God's blessings! love you.

Anonymous

Happy Anniversary!!!

Amy C

Happy Anniversary. Your photos are adorable. I am glad you got some time alone. I shouldn't have a hard time remembering your anniversary since it is my b-day. I will have to check out leah j's blog to see who shares my b-day too.