

I have been meaning to update my blog about my sweet Granny for awhile now. We don't have internet at home yet so we're a little behind. My Granny (my mom's mom) has been battling emphezema and diabetes for a long time now. We have visited her in the hospital and nursing home over the last several months. After her last battle we all knew the next time she got sick she might not make it. Two weeks ago she started swelling alot again. Early Wednesday morning my mom and her sister were called to the nursing home because things had gone for worst. She was alert most of the day and things got better throughout the day. Thursday morning Camille and I were on our way to Summer Sizzle when I called my mom for an update. Things were worse again and they didn't expect her to be with us longer than 24 hours. I turned around, picked up Clayton and headed for Kaufman. Once we got there she was already in a deep sleep where no one could wake her. Her breaths were getting farther and farther apart. It was just a matter of time before she got to meet Sweet Jesus. Around 5:30 I had to drive Camille around to go to sleep. While I was gone I was constantly praying that she be comforted and peaceful. She was so peaceful all day long. When I got back to the nursing home, I couldn't believe my eyes. She was awake and alert. She wasn't talking, just responding with a nod or maybe a yes or no. I couldn't believe it! No one expected this at all. We were all able to tell her how much we loved her and pray with her. She was so excited to see everyone that walked up to her bed. There was no doubt that she knew we were there and loving her. When Camille woke up, I took her to Granny and she lit up more than she had since she had been awake. She lifted up and said, "Hi, Camille!" This will forever be my last memory of my Granny. She loved her only great-grandchild so much. She was awake for about 2 hours. Clayton, Camille and I had to go home around 8:30. She passed away just after midnight that night. Camille and I spent all day Friday back in Kemp with my family. It's amazing what comfort you get from being with family. Her funeral was on Monday. Our family was flooded with love, hugs, food, flowers and prayers. Thank you to everyone who was thinking of us during this time. My Granny was a special person. I never once remember her complaining about anything. She was a Godly woman that loved the Lord and raised her family to love the Lord as well. My mom has many of her sweet characteristics. Granny will always be remembered and loved.





9 comments:
wow...I just sat here and cried for about 20 minutes after reading your blog and looking at those pictures. I miss her a lot. On wednesday night the youth group prayed over me and our family and I couldn't keep it together. I had all the cards and sweet notes from kids! It was a great night! have a good week!! Love you!!
wow, i am crying right now thinking about your precious granny and praying for your family. what a wonderful last memory of her saying hi to camille. and what a wonderful legacy of love she has left for your entire family.
Precious ... Saying hi to Camille ... what a sweet last memory. I am so thankful that you have that memory to hold on to. My granddad passed away last month and I would give anything for him to have known our little one.
What a special granny! :)
What special memories you will have of her. I will be praying for your sweet family.
What a sweet memory of your granny. I am so glad you were all able to say goodbye in such a precious way.
ok...i couldn't hold back the tears...I know your pain so well, and the peace you feel knowing she is with Jesus! You are in my prayers....love you
I have tears flooding my eyes and I am so deeply thankful for those last moments with her. What a gift and what an incredible moment for her to love on Camille. I am so sorry that she is gone but I am deeply thankful that she is Home with our sweet Jesus. She has been made new and now enjoys the sweetness of Heaven. Praise God for her life and the gifts she passed down. Love you! M
Thank you for your sweet words. I pray comfort and peace over your family right now.
What sweet memories! So glad you were able to be with her and she was able to see Camille. Hope you are finding joy in today!
Post a Comment