The last couple of weeks have had some pretty excited adventures at our house! Last Monday it was nice outside so we decided to take a family walk around the neighborhood around 5pm. Camille really enjoyed the ride in her wagon! We we got home, I tried opening the door from the garage and it was locked. I don't see the need to lock that door since it's in the garage...but Clayton does. I asked him for the keys and instead, I got a panicked look. He had locked the door and left his keys inside! Great...I had been meaning to hide a key in the garage just in case this ever happened but I never did. Now we were paying for it. We first checked all the windows...locked! Clayton messed with the door for a while just sure he could unlock it with some kind of wire...no luck! We finally decided to call a locksmith. He said he would locate one and call us back in 5 minutes. He has still yet to call us back! Good think we had an extra box of diapers in the garage and a package of graham crackers in the car for Camille and I to eat. It was dinner time! Around 6:30pm our friend, Zane came over to get Camille and I until Clayton was able to get in. Zane and his wife, Brittney have the same floor plan as us and this same thing happened to them before. He told Clayton they were able to pull up in the attic from the garage and climbed THROUGH the house to the opening inside the house! So Clayton did it...all by himself and his flashlight! He crawled through all the insulation and boards and pushed down the ladder into the house.
The next day Clayton was SO sick with some nasty virus where he didn't leave the couch except to use the restroom. He couldn't even talk to me! It was so sad! He had gotten sick to his stomach once and all he wanted was some Scope and 7-Up. When I got back from the store, I couldn't get the 7-Up open. I tried, and tried and tried! I was about to cry out of frustration because that was ALL he wanted and I couldn't get it for him. He even tried with the little amount of strength he had. I got the knife after it, the pliers and hot water. Nothing worked! I ended up poking a hole in the top and pouring it through the hole. Even days later when he was all better, he still couldn't get it open and my hands HURT the next day!
This past Monday I had to take my car into the shop to repair a spot where my uncle backed into my car. I turned my car in at 1pm on Monday and began panicking when I got home because I couldn't find the insurance check (for almost $800) anywhere! I turned my house upside down! I returned to the shop 2 1/2 hours later to search my car. They had already started on my car so there was no turning back at this point...and I didn't find the check. I was praying hard and I had NOT told Clayton at this point. Camille was asleep in the car when we got back home so I just sat for about 5 minutes just praying about all kinds of things...Clayton's reaction, the Insurance Companies reaction and of course that I would find the check! When I walked inside my house I stood next to the fridge and looked at a note I had written up there a few days back. It was written on the back of an envelope! The check was inside! I looked at Camille and said, "God is so good!" I was so relieved! I laugh about it now, but it was SO stressful those few hours of panic!





5 comments:
Oh my- life has been a little crazy! I pray that you have a better week. :)
That is stressful! But don't you love the game of hide and seek with the Lord. I am so glad that you found it and that Clayton is better. You are a great wife and mama! M
wow, your world has been brimming with "adventure" and that is one amazing example of answered prayer!
can't wait to see you and see some of camille's incredible dance moves soon:)
wow....what a week.....can't wait to see you sat.
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment