Friday, March 2, 2007

Tylenol and Pedialyte


These have been our friends this week. Sweet Camille has caught her first illness from daycare. Of the two infant classes, only one baby did not get diarrhea and fever this week. We went home early on Tuesday with a fever of 100.5 and it quickly went up to 101.6 when we got home. She also had diarrhea but since she is breastfed, this is kind of hard to determine. Her and I stayed home on Wednesday and enjoyed the day together. She was pretty clingy and I just loved cuddling with her all day long. She ran fever all day and had more diarrhea that afternoon. She stayed home with daddy on Thursday and did not run fever all day long. They had fun together reading books and playing with her new toy from Santa (we just put it together). When I came home for lunch Camille was asleep in her crib and Clayton was passed out on the couch. He decided he's not ready to be a stay-at-home dad. I thought he was pretty brave to spend all day with her AND I was so thankful. He's a wonderful daddy! I'm so thankful my little baby has two loving parents and many friends and family that just adore her. So, we decided to go back to school today. We got to school a little before 8am and by 8:30 she had already messed up her first outfit. At 2:00pm she messed up her second outfit and home we went 2 1/2 hours early. She is now drinking Pedialyte, and only Pedialyte. If anyone has any advice on how to get rid of the runny diapers, please help!

3 comments:

Amy C

Sorry your little sweetie is not feeling well.

If she could eat, I would tell you to feed her applesauce and bananas. Not apple juice though.

Just keep her hydraded! You will take great care of her!!

Amy C

sp! Hydrated! I did know how to spell that! It is early. . .

Amy C
This comment has been removed by the author.