Monday, August 13, 2007

1st Day Back


We survived! Today was my first day back to work and Camille's first day at the babysitter's house. I have been super excited about going back to work for public schools, but very nervous about being away from Camille and how she would react. I left early enough this morning to give myself plenty of time to settle Camille in before I had to leave her. She was great and there were no tears...either one of us! I was pretty sure she wouldn't cry as I left, but I wasn't so sure about myself. I called a few times during the day to check on her and she was doing pretty good for her first day. She took 2 naps (which is what I was most nervous about), ate good and fussed some. I had a small gap of time before lunch that I could have gone by to see her, but I refrained thinking it might be harder to leave again. I couldn't wait to see her and get my hugs this afternoon. We were supposed to be out by 4pm but we ran over a little and I was practicly running to the car when we were dismissed. As far as my day, we were well taken care of. The principals took all 8 of the new staff out for breakfast, to a teacher store to spend $50, and then to a high school for lunch. It was the best first day back to work! This afternoon we had a scavenger hunt to learn the building and then went over the handbook. I really think I am going to enjoy this campus and staff. I feel so lucky right now because I get to do what I LOVE, but only half a day and then spend the rest of the day with my precious girl! I know our day would not have gone so smoothly without the Lord placing all our puzzle pieces in place and giving us both wonderful places to be. He has been so good to us!


PS...I'm working on a new header for my blog!

9 comments:

annalee

so glad it went well! what an answered prayer for a good school and good daytime care for camille.

Pearson Family

YEAH for a good DAY! Can't wait to see the header! By the way, who took that awesome picture on your table???

Kristen

I am so glad everything went so well! :) What a blessing! I am glad you love your new school.
Goodluck with your little ones this year!

Natalie

That's great that you and Camille both had such a good day. It sounds like your new job is going to be perfect!

Leah J.

I am so thankful that God placed all the puzzle pieces together to make this transition perfect! Your school sounds GREAT!!!

Kristen

We feed into Keller High. Maybe I will see, I don't know since the only day that we have district staff development is on Friday and we are with grade levels. The other days we are at our own school. New teacher is a big waste of time. I totally agree. It is horrible!!! Atleast you have Monday to recoup before Tuesday.
Have a great week! I am so tired right now so I do know how I am going to teach. I guess I will figure it out. Talk to you soon! :)

Allison

That does sound like a great first day back. Maybe when its time for me to go back I can find something as great as you did!

PS...could Camille be any cuter??

Anonymous

so where's that new header? huh huh? have you figured it out yet?

well great to see you today! love you!

campers

oh I will be thinking about you! we hope to be coming to the metro sometime soon to visit family....i'll call!