As I was rocking Camille to bed tonight, I felt like screaming! Not because of her at all, but because of all the thoughts running through my head. As most of you know, I am teaching part-time Kindergarten right now. I have a full class of 22 sweet little kiddos (two, maybe three, that have some listening rules to get down). All of our classes are already maxed out, which means we will most likely be adding another half day section soon. It hasn't been approved yet, but I know it's coming. My frustation comes with all the thoughts about whether or not I want to take that position or try to stay part-time. There are so many pros and cons that I just can't seem to sort out in my brain. So, that's where blogger comes in handy! I don't even know what my choices are at this point. Sometimes I think I just want to share my classroom with another teacher, but with that, I could run the chance of being bumped to another school so that a full-time teacher takes over my classroom. I LOVE my new school and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my team! BTW, my team is three other ladies that are all Christians and it's such a blessing to work amongst them! I love what I do so I don't think a few more hours a day would be so terrible. The way it is now, I feel like I miss out on a lot of communication between the team because when we all get there in the morning, we're running around getting ready for the day and then when our kids leave at lunch, they are all trying to eat as fast as they can and get ready for a whole other group of kids. I miss the time after school when teachers get together and talk about their day. Now, my sweet little Camille. She still isn't adjusting to the babysitter as well as I would like. She still cries when I leave every morning and she is always whining when I get there because she hears the knock at the door. I don't like the idea of her being there longer each day because I know it has been hard on her. I hope that will get better soon. If anyone has ANY advice, encouragement, suggestions, ideas, etc. please send them my way. Every day I am afraid "the talk" is coming my way. If this change is going to happen, it needs to happen soon so the kids can get adjusted. Please pray for my decision and for Camille!

9 comments:
Sweet Felicia, You will make the right decision for Camille, your family, and the precious children you would be teaching. It is so confusing when you are so blessed to do a 'job' you have such a passion about. It was very bittersweet to walk away from teaching Kindergarten and stay at home full time. I still miss it this time of year!
I am praying that you will have a clear perspective and when you reach your decision you will be confident it was the right choice.
The children you teach will be so blessed by your presence as will each moment you are able to spend with Camille. She will be ready for K before you know it!
Love, JB
I know you will be led in the right direction....you are such a great momma and teacher, no matter what you decide will be right!
You are a great mommy, and whatever decision you make will be a good one!
I trust your choice as well but what to go ahead and tell you what I think. :) I have no idea about having the career and being a mommy too. So this advice may not be at all accurate however I think you have the best of both worlds at this point. You are working a half day and get to be with Camille the other half. Camille will not be this age forever and one day you will be able to go back and be full time. So, my advice is do not take the full time position. Soak up the time with Camille and enjoy your mornings at school...Unless you feel the Lord has very clearly told you to do fulltime- then, don't listen to me; listen to HIM.
:) M
Glad to have found your blog from Paige's blog!
You are probably going to have regret either way. It is hard to realize the best choice for both you and Camille. I know that when I went back to work when Patrick was 2 1/2, it was better for both of us. I know now that staying home is what is best. It is a tough question that no one can answer for you. Just keep praying that God will lead you in the right direction.
Just sending some encouragement your way. I pray that the choice is clear and that you feel 100% confident in the decision you make.
Hey Felicia..Lori (Tanner) Beck here...I just had to make a similar decision. My baby is 8 months old and I was given the opportunity to teach 2 days a week at our Church's preschool.. I was SO torn with what to do. My prayer was for clarity...I had about 24 hours to make my decision, and after many hours of prayer I had an overwhelming answer to wait. I was afraid that I would regret my decision either way, but the Lord took that feeling away and spoke to me. What a gift of prayer that we have!! I will pray for clarity for you.
flea,
may God give you a clear answer and confidence to accept whichever way you end up feeling is the right decision. you are such a sweet mom and teacher. i love you.
Hey Felicia, this is Leigh Ann's sister Laura. I was reading your blog and wanted to comment on your decision! I don't have any kids, but I can't imagine what its like having to leave her everyday, but I do teach kinder and have a great team that are all christians as well. It is so amazing and easy to teach when you have a great school and team to work with. I don't know it that helps, but I know you will make the best decision! Laura Webb
Post a Comment