Monday, August 20, 2007

Born to be a Wildcat

This is our best attempt at getting a picture of Camille in her "Born to be a Wildcat" onesie. I'm not statisfied enough with this one so there will be another attempt before we send it off to the ACU Press. But, check out those rolls!

One week from today and kids are coming! Today I spent ALL day in my classroom trying to get it close to ready for kiddos! We have Meet the Teacher on Thursday so that is the deadline! I felt like I got a lot accomplished today, but still have so much more to go. Camille is still doing pretty well at the babysitter's house. She is a quick learner because it didn't take her long (1 day) to catch on that I'm leaving because when I hand her to Ms Jenna, she starts crying. The first couple of days were pretty bad. Tuesday was harder than Monday for me. Now she doesn't cry as long and is doing better everyday. I think today was a little step backwards after the weekend. I wish she could just understand that starting next week it will only be for a few hours a day.
Aunt B came to visit us for a few days before she headed off to Abilene again. We really enjoyed having her here. Camille is wearing a dress she got her from Mexico and that huge bow is from Nana. She got quite a bit of attention from that bow at McAlister's. Brooke is now back in Abilene getting ready to start Grad School!

I think Camille is already a Texas fan!

I had a wonderful lunch with April on Sunday. She is home from NY for only a week. Well, depending on her decision whether to move back to TX or stay in NY. Our prayer for her is that the Lord will clearly show her where she needs to be (and of course I think it is Texas!) I know many of us have really missed having her in Texas this past year and it is always great to see her again. She is doing a marvelous job ministering to NY kids and I know has made a huge impression on their lives. Please join us in praying for her decision.

Just last night I asked some girls how to teach Camille to drink through a straw. I had tried several times and she just chewed on the straw. They said just to keep trying and eventually she would get it. Tonight I had a Sonic drink and I let her try to drink through the straw thinking she would just chew on it, and she drank it as if she had always known how. She enjoyed actually getting to taste the Strawberry Slush!

5 comments:

annalee

hope your meet the teacher goes well! i love camille's acu pic!

Kathi P

what a cutie pie! i love the wildcat pic. i hope your new job is going well!

campers

love the rolls!!! I am sure you are ready for the shorter hour days!

Now and Then Photography

she looks so much like Asia did in some of these pics. we miss you guys, hope all is well.

Kristen

I love the wildcat picture! I hope she makes it in the magazine. She is precious! I hope your first day of school goes great! :)