Sunday, August 5, 2007

"Big Girl" carseat


Last week at Camille's 9mo dr appointment, she weighed 19lbs 15oz and was 28in long. So...the doctor advised that we start thinking about a "big girl" carseat. Our infant carseat is good through 22 lbs, but we went ahead and began our hunt at Babies R Us. We still had a carseat base that we never opened so we were going to try to get credit for it to go towards our new carseat. We didn't take it with us Friday night because we were just planning on looking and not buying anything right away. The lady at Babies R Us really helped us alot and we found this really cute seat that even converts into a booster seat and fits up to 100lbs. I was just sold and had wished we had brought the base to exchange. Today, we took the base and a $10 off coupon with us to make the purchase. That's a total of $50 savings...I was so excited about that! As we were walking through the parking lot, I spotted a couple carrying out 2 of our carseats! I grabbed Clayton's arm and jokingly said, "They better not have gotten the last ones!" As we walked in I was distracted by the Halloween costumes but Clayton quickly announced that the carseat aisle was very busy, we better hurry over! This must have been The National Day to buy a Carseat! Sure enough! No more carseats! I couldn't believe it! We even asked if they had more and nope! He even said he just sold out of them and had already sent another couple to another store. This is the popular carseat, obviously! The next closest store is in Lewisville, so we will be heading that way this week. I can't believe my little girl is ready for a "big girl" carseat!
She has officially entered the cruising stage. This past week was the first experience of not knowing where she was in the house. I was frantically running from one room to the other to find her in the office drinking her water from her cup. She is pulling up to everything and walking all around holding on. She wants to take off so bad, but just isn't quite ready. She still has her adorable scrunched up face that she gives to get peoples attention.
I can't believe we only have 1 more week of complete freedom! I am SUPER excited about going back to work, but a little nervous about being away from Camille. Another prayer was answered by giving us a lady from church to watch her during the day. I know she is going to be absolutely wonderful, but it will also take some time for us to both transition into being away from each other. We have successfully cut out her morning feeding so I don't have to mess with pumping at work. With me just working part-time, I can feed her when she wakes up and then not again until around 1pm. She will NOT take formula instead of breastmilk, but the doctor said that should be ok since she isn't completely weaned and definitely isn't showing any signs of malnourishment.

9 comments:

Amy C

Cool seat and congratulations on the new job and arrangement. Sounds perfect. Hope you find the seat you are wanting soon!

campers

CUTE seat! I can't believe she is already old enough!

Anonymous

What a bummer about them selling out!! But - the seat really is super cute! Worth the drive to Lewisville! Enjoy your last week before work starts up.

Kristen

I hope you have a great time at new teacher stuff and enjoy your new job. That is great that you found someone at church to keep her, what a blessing!!!!

Pearson Family

CUTE CAR SEAT! GOOD LUCK!

Martha

I think it is so fun to shop for major purchases like car seats! How wonderful that she is so healthy and ready for the new phase. Reese and Anna Wren both loved it when we turned them around in the big car seats! I love that seat by the way! Super cute! Blessings on the part time working! Love you! M

Kathi P

i saw you comment and i love your blog! camille is a doll and i love that i can look at pics of her now! good luck with work...how exciting! i think i'll want to work part time, so you'll have to tell me how that goes.

Natalie

Ah, the big girl car seat! How exciting! I'm praying that the first few weeks of school go well for you and that Camille loves her new sitter!

annalee

what a big girl! fall is such an exciting time, i will be looking forward to hearing how these new beginnings are going!!!